It is impossible to stop time and cancel old age — the skin will inevitably lose elasticity and become covered with wrinkles. But there are always ways to delay this moment and look young.
That’s just what skincare after 30 years is correct and what tools should be used in the fight for youth; not everyone knows. Hence the frustration in cosmetics, which eventually leads to the office of cosmetologists and plastic surgeons. To prevent this from happening to you, we will tell you all the skincare subtleties after 30, which every woman needs to know.
What happens to our skin after 30 years?
To understand how to care for your skin properly, you should understand the processes that occur with it at this age:
- the appearance of the first small wrinkles (“nasolabial,” ” crow’s feet”) and General sagging of the skin due to a decrease in muscle tone;
- dull complexion due to impaired blood flow;
- instability of the sebaceous glands, which leads to the destruction of the natural lipid layer of the epidermis;
- the previous paragraph leads to a loss of moisture, causing the skin to become dry;
- elastin and collagen almost cease to be produced by the body, which leads to a loss of elasticity of the skin.
These points clearly show that in the youth struggle, you will need comprehensive care. Don’t expect that you can “mask” the first signs of aging with decorative cosmetics. If this will bring results at first, then later tonal and other concealers will only emphasize the wrinkles that have become deeper. Therefore, the only correct solution is regular skincare.
Facial skincare depending on its type
Many women’s huge mistake is the use of cosmetics that are not suitable for the skin type. An incorrectly chosen cream or mask worsens the condition of the epidermis, can provoke inflammation, acne, peeling, or, on the contrary, excess sebum, and in the long term – a decrease in the elasticity of the skin, which will lead to an earlier appearance of deep wrinkles.
Therefore, the first thing to do is to figure out what type of skin your skin is.
Dry or sensitive skin
. Remember: not every sensitive skin is dry, but every dry skin is sensitive. These types are characterized by dryness, peeling, rosacea (vascular setae).
Dry skin destroys its lipid protective barrier. Without it, the epidermis reacts more acutely to external stimuli, responding with allergic reactions and irritation. Without regular care, wrinkles quickly appear on such skin.
. Without pronounced flaws: rosacea, inflammation, greasy Shine, or dryness. Caring for a normal skin type is easy, but an illiterate approach can cause problems in the sebaceous glands’ functioning.
. The skin is dry or normal, in the T-zone – oily. Please pay special attention to the care of the T-zone-it loses its elasticity faster.
. It has a characteristic Shine due to excessive work of the sebaceous glands. After 30 years, it usually becomes combined and requires appropriate care.
Care for dry and sensitive skin
To prolong the youthfulness of this type of skin, RUB your face with a tonic or lotion every morning, then do a facial massage. Then apply a fermented milk product to the skin with a high percentage of fat (sour cream, kefir, yogurt) or a homemade mask. After all, procedures, be sure to use a moisturizing day cream.
In the evening, after removing makeup, wipe your face again with a tonic and apply a moisturizing or nourishing night cream.
Start the morning by washing your face with cool water and a light self-massage (if there is no time, patting will be enough). These procedures tone and increase blood circulation, after which it will be easier for nutrients to penetrate the deeper layers of the epidermis.
After washing, be sure to RUB your face with tonic or milk to neutralize the effect of hard water. In care, use mainly moisturizers (serums, creams, masks); it is better to give up nutritional products – they provoke the early appearance of wrinkles. Remove makeup better with special gels and milk.
The care for combination skin
To ensure that after 30 years of combined skin remains elastic and healthy for as long as possible, follow the recommendations:
- buy cosmetics only for your skin type;
- if you use home-made recipes in your care, then apply products for oily skin to the T-zone, for dry skin-to the rest of the areas;
- once a week, do a deep facial cleansing;
- give homemade masks preference based on plant extracts (cucumbers, St. John’s wort, yarrow, citrus).
Use light creams for the day and light creams for the night – according to your skin type.
Care for oily skin
Owners of oily facial skin often make mistakes when experimenting with care, which leads to a deterioration of its condition: acne, blackheads, enlarged pores, and early wrinkles. To prevent this, follow the rules:
- Wash your face only with warm or cool water. Hot water stimulates the sebaceous glands even more, which will invariably cause greasy Shine and clogged pores.
- Use plant-based products in your care. Oily masks and creams (homemade and purchased) on such skin provoke the appearance of acne.
- After any contact with tap water, RUB your face with tonic or decoctions of mint and sage.
- In decorative cosmetics, give preference to loose powder – it pulls out the sebum. Oily powders and Foundation products clog the pores.
- 2 times a week, make masks with a drying effect.
- Avoid cosmetics that contain alcohol.
Secrets of skincare: life hacks and recommendations
For the skin to remain healthy and look young, you do not need to live in cosmetologists ‘ offices. It is enough to organize home care properly, and the result will not be worse than salon procedures:
- Start your day by washing your face with water with a foam or gel. In any case, do not use soap for this – it destroys the skin’s lipid barrier. If you wash your face simply with water, then after that, be sure to wipe your face with a tonic or milk.
- Banal, but effective advice: eat right. With food, the body receives many vitamins and trace elements that help the skin maintain a fresh and youthful appearance for longer. Include more vegetables and fruits, meat, and dairy products in the diet, limit yourself to sweets.
- Drink more water. Norm: 30 ml per 1 kg of weight. Sweet morsels and juices are not counted.
- Be sure to purchase and use anti-aging creams daily according to your skin type.
- 2 times a week, nourish the skin with masks (homemade or purchased).
- Don’t go to bed with makeup on. Never.
- Do not forget that Smoking and alcohol also do not contribute to the beauty of the skin. Donate a minute of dubious pleasure for many years of his youth.
Cleansing and toning for the skin
An important step in skin care is cleansing with subsequent toning. What is needed for this purpose:
- Wash your face 2 times a day with a gel or foam to get rid of makeup and sebum.
- 2 times a week, remove dirt and dust from clogged pores with a scrub.
- Use face masks twice a week.
- Try not to abuse decorative cosmetics or choose light options: BB creams, loose powder.
Hydration and nutrition of the skin
The main rule in skincare after 30 years says: in the day-we moisturize, in the evening-we nourish. After cleansing and toning the skin, we apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream, depending on the time of day. This is necessary for our skin: during the day-a light Foundation that allows it to breathe, in the evening-intensive nourishing care.
Components that must be present in the tools:
- nutrient materials;
- essential oils;
- moisturizing ingredients;
- filters against UV.
If you have a harsh winter climate, then nutritious fatty creams can be applied during the day in the cold season. This will help protect the skin from low temperatures.
Folk remedies for skincare
If you do not want to spend money on purchased cosmetics or do not trust its composition, you can look in the refrigerator. Everything necessary for the beauty and health of the skin is there:
- fermented milk product;
- vegetable oil, and others.
These products are ideal ingredients for homemade masks, which are not inferior in effectiveness to advertised means. And if you need a facial tonic, you can boil chamomile or bergamot. They nourish the epidermis cells and prepare the skin for further care, restoring the pH balance.
Skincare around the eyes
Even though the skin around the eyes is sensitive and thin, it does not need special care. Just include anti-crow’s feet masks in it.
Cosmetic products can be purchased as well as home-made. There are no special rules here either. The only requirement for them is regular use because it is easier to prevent wrinkles than later to fight them.
The neck insidiously betrays the age of its owner. Therefore, make a habit of carrying out cosmetic procedures on the face and it. You can use the same tools as in facial care. Remember that without moisturizing and nourishing procedures, the skin on the neck will quickly become flabby, and it will be difficult to restore its elasticity.
The removal of makeup
In such a seemingly simple procedure as removing makeup, many women make mistakes. To skincare to be effective, recommendations should be followed:
- Remove makeup only with special products: milk, foam, micellar water, coconut oil.
- When removing makeup, do not RUB your eyes or face hard. Movements should be moderately firm and smooth.
- A couple of times a week, let your skin take a break from decorative cosmetics.
- Don’t go to bed with makeup on.
It is proved that ignoring the last point leads to sad consequences: wrinkles appear on average 5 years earlier, black dots and pimples attack the face.
Choose a makeup remover based on your skin type. If you feel any discomfort, redness, or itching after using it, then change it. The product is not suitable for you, or the manufacturer used aggressive substances in the composition.
Homemade skin care masks
Homemade masks are not always for the sake of saving money. Often women note that the result of their use is equivalent to expensive cosmetics.
A small trick: before using a home remedy, steam the face’s skin and clean it. This will help the nutrients penetrate the epidermis’ deeper layers, which will make the procedure more effective.
Best homemade recipes for skin beauty:
- To whiten the pigmentation, mix citrus juice (30 ml) with protein and the yolk with 3 ml of oil (vegetable, olive). Apply the protein mixture to your face in several layers, then mix it with the yolk. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- To get rid of wrinkles on the forehead, mix equal amounts of honey and grape juice. Apply the mixture on a piece of gauze and place it on your forehead for 20 minutes.
- Refresh the face will help 120 g of mashed carrots, protein, and 15 g of starch. Mix the ingredients and apply them for half an hour.
- For facial cleansing, mix 25 g of white clay, 10 g of honey, and 1 tsp of green tea. Keep the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- To moisturize the skin, mash the banana with a fork. Add 1 tsp of cream and 10 g of starch to the resulting puree. Leave on your face for 15-20 minutes.
Homemade scrubs and peels
To make creams and masks work more effectively, the skin needs to be regularly cleaned of dust, the production of sebaceous glands, and keratinized particles. These procedures will require:
. It contains solid particles that remove the keratinized layer, purifies the pores, and evens the skin’s relief. Course: 2 times a week.
To prepare the scrub, you will need soft cottage cheese and ground coffee in equal parts. Apply the mixture on your face, massage for a couple of minutes, and leave it on for 10 minutes.
. It differs from scrub in the absence of hard abrasives in the composition and caring components. Course: 1-2 times a week.
Mix 1 tsp of banana pulp, 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, 2 tsp of kefir, and 20 ml of citrus juice. Apply to the skin with massage movements and leave for 20 minutes.
. Cleanses the skin of dead skin cells and dirt, but more aggressively than a scrub. It is not recommended for enlarged pores—the course of application: 1 time in 10-14 days.
RUB 15 g of tar soap on a grater, add 10 ml of ammonia and boric acid, 15 ml of glycerin, and a hydroperoxide tablet. Apply to the face, avoiding the eye area, for 10 minutes. Remove the peeling with a cloth soaked in calcium chloride.
30 years old is the age when caring for your skin should be regular and natural. Then in 5 years, you will not have to run to a cosmetologist for ” beauty injections” because the skin will respond to proper care with a healthy complexion, clean pores, and smooth relief.