👩🏼🍳 RECIPE: Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
After several attempts, I finally succeed to bake my favorite cookies – big, fluffy and crunchy on the outside – for the connoisseurs I succeed to bake the Levain Bakery type of cookies 🙏🏼✨🤩🥂Mon Dieu I am so happy !
Here are the tips:
1: put baking powder instead of baking soda
2: use a hand mixer, separate the dough in 6 and form shapes of balls not compact, the dough should be airy
3: chill for at least 1 hour before baking > this made the whole difference !
Recipe for 6 big cookies:
– 100g of brown sugar
– 75g of butter
– 1 egg
– 200g of flour
– Half of a baking powder packet
– 1 tsp of salt
– 100g of chocolate chips
– 70g of pecan nuts
1. In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugars. Using a hand or stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
2. Add in the large egg, mix until combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. The dough might seem to be in crumbles.
4. Pour in the chocolate chips and pecans and use your hands to mix them in. This will bring the dough together. Be gentle though. We don’t want to compact the dough too much. We want to keep it as airy as possible.
5. Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Gently form into cookie form. Place on the baking sheet.
6. Chill the cookie dough for at least 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 180C (360F) during this time.
7. Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes. The outside will be golden brown.
Let the cookies chill on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes.
thefeedfeed.baking thebakefeed demotivateurfood_fr